News story: Civil news: replacement contract schedules begin 1 April 2018

first_imgAll schedules will run for 5 months and end on 31 August 2018. The only exception will be the HPCDS schedules, which will be issued for 6 months.Where to find new schedulesYou will be able to view schedules in Contracted Work and Administration (CWA) from 31 March 2018. But HPCDS and IRC schedules will be emailed to you directly and will not be uploaded into CWA.Reporting workWork completed in April can be reported from 1 May 2018.Matter start allocationsIn most cases, matter starts will be allocated in accordance with paragraph 1.24-1.27 of the relevant contract specification.This means matter start allocations will be calculated on the basis that providers receive 100% of the matters that they reported in the previous schedule period.The only exception is where providers reported 80% or less of their previous allocation. In these circumstances, provider will receive 80% of their previous allocation.The allocation has been made on a proportional basis to reflect that the schedules are only 5 months long.Separate matter start allocationsThere are a few instances where separate allocation approaches will apply. These are outlined here: HPCDS and IRC exclusive schedules The same allocation as in the previous schedule, subject to any changes resulting from court closures affecting some HPCDS 2013 standard civil contract (welfare benefits) The standard number of matter starts for the relevant procurement area 2016 standard civil contract (welfare benefits) 30 matter starts We will soon be issuing new civil contract schedules beginning on 1 April 2018.These will replace the following schedules which are ending on 31 March 2018: 2010 Standard Civil Contract (mediation) 50 matter starts Contract Allocation 2010 Standard Civil Contract (mediation) 2013 Standard Civil Contract (family, housing and debt, immigration and asylum) 2013 Standard Civil Contract (welfare benefits) 2015 Standard Civil Contract (actions against the police etc, public law and clinical negligence) 2016 Standard Civil Contract (welfare benefits) Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme (HPCDS) exclusive schedules Immigration Removal Centre (IRC) exclusive schedules Where providers have the power to self-grant a further 50% matter starts they may do so in addition to the amount specified in the schedule.Where a provider does not have the power to self-grant, they can request up to an additional 50% of matter starts from their contract manager.Contract end dateCivil legal aid contracts will end on 31 August 2018. The new 2018 Standard Civil Contract will begin on 1 September and the Housing Possession Court Duty Solicitor Contract will begin on 1 October 2018.last_img read more

Read More →

Gleneagles primed for Classic date

first_img Capella Sansevero danced every dance last year and was not beaten far in the Middle Park on his final outing, with trainer Ger Lyons admitting he should have run him over further. “Cappella Sansevero had a busy two-year-old campaign with a lot of travelling so it was always the intention to start him back in the Guineas. He has had a couple of racecourse gallops and won first time out last season,” said Lyons. “He should have run in the Dewhurst rather than the Middle Park. When Andrea (Atzeni) got off him after the Middle Park he said he was only really getting going at the winning post, and I have no doubt he will get a mile. “I am happy with him, he has done well physically and his work has been good.” Aidan O’Brien appears quite content with Gleneagles ahead of his tilt at Classic glory in the Qipco 2000 Guineas at Newmarket on Saturday. The son of Galileo was the best juvenile at Ballydoyle last season and having won the National Stakes, would have had two Group Ones on his CV if the French stewards had not taken the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere off him. O’Brien, who also runs Ol’ Man River in the Guineas, said: “He’s a very solid, experienced performer and might get a mile and a quarter later in season.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More →

The Latest: French tennis federation approves support fund

first_img Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The French tennis federation will set aside nine million euros ($9.8 million) for its players who financially struggle as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. May 25, 2020 Worlds are usually held every other winter, in odd years.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports ___Chinese technology company Tencent has donated 150,000 face masks and 10,000 pairs of protective goggles to Paris Saint-Germain’s foundation.The foundation will dispatch them to organizations and charities in need of equipment to help fight the spread of the coronavirus.The shipment was delivered last week and is being stored at PSG’s Parc des Princes. The stadium has been operating as a logistics support base in the Greater Paris region.Sabrina Delannoy, the deputy director of the Paris Saint-Germain Foundation, said on Monday that the donation “will enable our many partner charities to continue working in safe conditions and to pass on this equipment in turn to the people who need it most.” The money will come from a larger 35-million euro ($38.1 million) support plan for French tennis as a whole. It will go to the players ranked outside the Top 100 who won’t receive any compensation from tennis’ international governing bodies.Bernard Giudicelli, the president of the French tennis federation, told a conference call Monday that 66 male players and 39 female professionals will benefit from the allocation. Beach tennis and paddle tennis players, as well as wheelchair professionals and players with disabilities, can also sign up to the scheme. The support plan will be operational from June 3 and will last until Aug. 31, 2021. It will also help clubs, coaches, instructors, umpires, other officials and tournament organizers affected by the health crisis.The men’s and women’s professional tours are suspended until at least July 13.___ PSG and Tencent sealed a partnership during the French club’s Tour in China last year.___The chief executive of West Indies’ cricket team says a plan is in place to fly a 25-man squad to England around June 8 ahead of a three-test series starting a month later in bio-secure stadiums with no spectators.Johnny Grave says he has been in discussions with the England and Wales Cricket Board for the past six weeks and that Cricket West Indies is expecting a formal offer to go ahead with the tour in the coming days.Grave says in an interview with espncricinfo.com the players would take privately sourced tests for COVID-19 three or four days before the departure date. They would then convene at a base in Antigua and fly out in one aircraft on the same day, before being transported to their quarantine and training venue where they would spend about three weeks. The Euroleague basketball season has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic and no championship will be awarded.The league says it considered and rejected various plans for continuing the season, including proposals from many cities to hold remaining games. It instead opted to focus on the 2020-21 season.The league adds that “for reasons of sporting integrity, all competition system modifications including a reduced number of teams were discarded.”The Euroleague has 18 teams across 10 European nations. The different lockdown and border restrictions in those countries made it difficult to continue games.The season was suspended March 12. Turkish club Anadolu Efes Istanbul was leading with a 24-4 regular season record. Malagò says “this is the best solution” in order to avoid the championships being canceled or shortened after the fallout in Italy from the coronavirus pandemic.Malagò says FISI would officially send the request to the International Ski Federation’s (FIS) board on Monday.Cortina was already forced to cancel the World Cup finals in March this year due to the advancing virus.Moving the worlds to March 2022 would put the event one month after the 2022 Beijing Olympics and likely force FIS to cancel that season’s finals in Méribel and Courchevel, France.The Cortina worlds are currently scheduled for Feb. 7-21, 2021. Associated Press He adds that the current plan is for the test matches to start July 8, July 16 and July 24. The tour was due to start on June 4 but no professional cricket can be played in England before July 1 because of the coronavirus outbreak.Grave says there is still some apprehension among players and support staff about leaving their families for seven weeks, travelling to Britain and playing in bio-secure venues, but that no player has said formally he does not want to tour.___The Italian Winter Sports Federation (FISI) would like to postpone next year’s Alpine skiing world championships in Cortina d’Ampezzo until March 2022.Italian Olympic Committee president Giovanni Malagò revealed the plans during an interview with RAI state TV on Sunday night. The Latest: French tennis federation approves support fundlast_img read more

Read More →